Just as the name suggests, persuasive essay is basically an essay that is aimed at convincing a reader that one idea is more legit and worthy than another idea. It is more like an argumative essay but the difference is that persuasive essays use reason and logic to persuade a reader. On the contrary, argumative essays are tenser in that you will have to uphold your point of view while vigorously attacking the alternate point. A writer should always keep in mind the basics of writing a persuasive essay which include being gentle and smooth.
Common persuasive essay topics
These are a few common persuasive essay topics. You should be keen to note that they give you a chance to argue on both sides i.e. you can argue against or for the idea. It is just like taking any side on a debate.
- Peaceful demonstration laws are an infringement of human rights
- Public High schools students should wear uniforms
- Driving licence should be given to kids at the age of 14
- Same sex education should be taught in high schools.
- Homeless kids should be given free schooling at any level
- There should be clubs for minors only.
- Public nudity is not an offence.
- There should be dockets in parliament for people with disabilities.
- There should be youth positions in the government.
- Major business organizations should be limited.
- There should be driving classes I schools
- Constructive hacking should be outlawed
- Businesses around learning institutions should be banished
- Thieves hands’ should be cut off
- Internet accessibility should be moderated by the government
- Marijuanashould be legalized
- Kids should not do any homework
- Ear rings are better than studs.
- Babysitting should be illegal.
- Mexico should be a sovereign state
- Recycling is costly
- Gun ownership should be mandatorily
- Children should be paid for homework delivery
- Children should not do homework.
- Internet access should be free.
- Presidents should not earn salary
- Perpetrators of bullying should be banned from all schools.
- Parents of bullies should be fined.
- Cell phones should be shut off while driving
- Kids should specialize on one profession at a younger age
- School lessons should end during lunch time.
- Students should not wear uniforms
- Exam grading should be abolished
- Smokers should not be insured.
- Dead beat fathers should be jailed
- Cigarettes should be more expensive.
- Teens should be allowed to come home late
- There should be no chapels in schools.
- Public officials should earn less.
- High schools should offer simple college courses
- Cats and dogs should be the only animals allowed as pets
- Religious education should be mandatory in schools.
- Parents should be paid for child upkeep.
- Racial churches should be closed.
- I am old enough to marry
- Food should be given for free
- Digital media should be free.
- Polygamy should be legal
- Pregnant couples should be married
- Animal products should be prohibited
- Driving tests are not mandatory
- Giving back to the community should be a must.
- All Africans should learn to speak English.
- All continents should be countries
- Video games should be allowed in schools.
- Movies are educational.
- There should be more holidays for schools.
- Aliens are real
- Beauty contests should be abolished.
- Private schools are illegal.
- Cabinet members are paid too much
- Kids should be given ID cards.
- Private military organizations are illegal.
- Athletes’ costumes are too skimpy.
- Kids should get paid for good behaviour.
- High school should have part time lessons.
- Killing of animals for food is illegal.
- Life starts at 40
- Obama is the greatest president
- Automotive transportation is killing more than ancient transportation.
- Colleges and universities should be merged.
- Medical testing on animals is immoral
- Prevention is more important than cure.
- Single-sex college promote immorality
- Movies just like books should never be banned.
- Parents should avoid restricting their kid.
- Kids should be schooled all year-round.
- Presidential terms should not be limited.
- Students should be allowed to conduct business in school.
- Music lyrics is less important than a song
- The world can change us.
- Adults should not skateboard.
- Kids should be allowed to swim alone
- People over 65 shouldn’t have twitter accounts.
- Exams should be eliminated.
- Nurses should be paid less.
- Heaven is possible.
- There should be one world language.
- The poor should provide for themselves,
- Tax on land should be abolished.
- Suicide is criminal offence
- School kids should not do chores
- We should invade the moon.
- All professionals should be paid the same amount of fee.
- Every family should not have more than four members
- Parents should talk to girls about only about sex.
- Watchmen make better guards than police
- The world should have a unified religion
- The sea is as important as the land
- Heaven is real.
These are just but a few persuasive essay topics.
Persuasive essay format
One of the most integral parts of a persuasive essay apart from the topic itself is the body format. No matter how intelligent and in-depth your ideas are, you won’t score highly on any paper without proper formatting. The main parts of a persuasive essayare:
- Introduction: The most important aspect of a persuasive essay when it comes to the introduction is how you engage your audience. After engaging the audience in the first two sentences, you then establish the context of the topic and then finally, give a strong thesis statement.
- Body: Make sure to start all the paragraphs with a concise topicsentence. After that, go ahead to address the issue on the topic with a counter argument.
- Conclusion: As with all other essays, the conclusion is a summary of all the points and ideas mentioned in the entire body. It is important to note that your verdict plays a big role in concluding the thesis statement.
Order this paper and get a top quality essay today!
0% plagiarized papers. Written by professional writers
Use the discount code save20 to get a 20% discount
We only hire qualified professional writers. This means that all your papers will be handled by highly qualified individuals.
Our pricing method is based on three basic approaches; level of education, subject area and time allocation. In comparison to the market average, we are fairly competitive.
From our chat personnel, to our writers, our team comprises motivated experience writers and young enthuasistic writers. We are almost certain that you will enjoy working with us.
Above everything else, our team believes in delivery of quality services. To sustain high customer demands, we included editing team tha checks all papers for plagiarism, content relevance and grammar before the papers are sent to you (Client).