When writing an essay, there are numerous genres that a student should be conversant with. One of them is Argumentative essay. Unlike persuasive essay topics, an argumentative essay topics requires the student to argue out concise ideas based on facts and little room for imagination. It is neither smooth nor gentle but the arguments presented by a student should be strong in trying to evaluate an idea and bring out credible evidence. What makes it further different from a persuasive essay is that there is no picking side of argument. Even so, argumentative essays are closely similar to expository essays. The only different is that argumentative essays require a lot more research than expository essays. It is important also to note that argumentative essay topics are slightly different from the rest.
Examples of argumentative essay topics
In the same way the argumentative essay is different from other essays, so is the topic. It is less put into consideration by many students but it is absolutely important for any student to know that the topic will determine what kind of arguments they are going to write. Here are some of examples of argumentative essay topics.
- Students participating in extra –curricular activities have more chance in career prospects
- Peer-pressure is good for personal growth
- Any kind of junk food should not be allowed in campus
- All is well in business, love and conflicts
- Teamwork fosters great improvement towards employees’ efficiency
- Critical thinking improves company’s standards of performance
- Mode of dressing is not a must for office staff
- Every person should participate in sports activities
- Being seated during lectures should not be compulsory
- Organizations can decide not to employ persons who smoke
- Company’s strategies should not be copied by other competing companies
- China is the latest superpower in economics
- Business language should remain English worldwide
- One currency should be used by all countries
- The evidence from Europe crisis clearly indicates the adverse effects of globalization
- Small scale businesses in United States can be interfered by European debts
- Energy drinks niches in business can be used to generate more traffic
- Bad leadership is the source of business failures
- Offering subcontracts in IT departments is unsuccessful
- Online piracy can be eradicated by SOPA and PIPA
- Government should rescue businesses experiencing bankruptcy
- Business should always prosper
- Success in business cannot be guaranteed by taking MBA degree
- Small businesses growing in small towns should not allow investors from big companies
- Calling off business debts from poor countries is unfair
- Using social media for carrying out advertisements is good
- Sales letters that come directly are always considered untrue
- Affirmative branding is the only means for business success
- Either in old or new price, business tricks will remain as the effective means
- Sense of humour is the only means for targeting business audience
- The use of text messages in business advertisement is running out of fashion
- The key to business success is brought by customer feedback
- Regular coaching is good for company’s staff
- Confidential information of all traders should be protected by the law
- Effective management can only work best by delegating duties to members
- It is not good for parents to provide consent ideas for control pills used by teens
- Citizens below 21 years should not be given the mandate of carrying guns
- Police should have the permission to carry out thorough search on vehicles driven by unlicensed drives
- Any kind of material containing information about abortion should not be mailed
- Airplanes should not allow excess weight fees
- Tanning beds should be used by fellows under 18 years
- Unnecessary whaling should be banned
- Are headphones good for children under ten years?
- Any company generating nuclear power should be banned worldwide
- Government should ban the manufacture of plastic bags
- Both female and male sports should be treated equally
- Smoking cannot alleviate stress
- Addiction is something that every person suffers from
- Drug addiction is caused by lack of good morals
- Education is the key to success for a developing country
- There are morals behind cloning
- Should sex education in schools be allowed or altered?
- Should gay marriage be allowed in a democratic country?
- Should video games be allowed in schools?
- Benefits of alternative source of energy
- Is teen marriage good?
- Should marijuana be legalized in countries?
- Is long distance relationship workable?
- Is motherhood the most suitable age?
- Destruction of forest is the source of drought
- Are you though technology well in your campus?
- Is online learning good as face to face learning?
- Is the use of computer in grading essays good?
- Are cell phones good in class?
- Can we trust online reviews?
- Facebook addiction is a great challenge
- Poor reading habits leads to failure
- Would you consider upgrading your twitter account?
- How much do you trust your instincts?
- Does personal study count more than attending lessons?
- Which computer windows will you award the best prize?
- Is love really blind?
- Studying at old age is a bit challenging
- What is the relationship between truth and fiction?
- Pop culture deserve serious study
- People perusing creative work should get some help from the government
- Conducting school rankings should not be allowed
- What measures should be taken to avoid female sexual arrestment?
- Female students should be encouraged to peruse science and math based courses
- Female candidates should be allowed to run higher positions of offices
- Is gender mainstreaming a good idea in society?
- Do girls have high intense friendship than boys?
- Girls should have perfect body shapes
- Parents who offer advices to their children reap the best
- Child gaining in school should be prohibited
- Conducting extra-curricular activities on schools is good for pupils’ development
- How much pressure to boys undergoes to have perfect bodies?
- Is rating boys against girls good in schools?
- Death penalty should be stopped in courts?
- Rich people get off easier when they break the law
- What is your personal relationship with firearms?
- Should gun owning be legalized in a democratic country?
- Should guns be permitted in universities?
- Video games are good for children
- Should parents limit time spent by their kids watching TVs?
- Should disciplining of children be allowed?
- How should parents handle bad report cards?
- Are horror movies good for children?
Argumentative essay format
The basic structure of any argumentative essay must include the following points in the introduction, the body and the conclusion. They include a clear, concise and defined thesis statement, introduction, body and conclusion. Even so, the introduction, body and conclusion individually must have some distinct features. Let’s look at them in details.
- Introduction: This is where the student should clearly bring out the argument. The paragraph should be well designed to capture the attention of the reader. Basically, the paragraph may include a sneak preview of the ideas that will support your argument in the body of the essay. However, students should not forget to include the thesis statement because it will give the reader a clear idea of your argument.
- Body: This is where you clearly spell out your argument in details. Most argumentative essays however are characterised by a five paragraph body structure. In all this five paragraphs, it is of utter essence that the student constructs the first sentence of the paragraph to give the reader an idea of what idea the paragraph will argue about.
- Conclusion: The conclusion serves to bring out two aspects of the entire paper. One is to give a conclusive summary of the ideas argued on the essay and two, is to give the writer an opportunity to give a verdict on the personal point of view. Avoid a copy of the introduction as a conclusion. The two pats should totally be different.
Order this paper and get a top quality essay today!
0% plagiarized papers. Written by professional writers
Use the discount code save20 to get a 20% discount
We only hire qualified professional writers. This means that all your papers will be handled by highly qualified individuals.
Our pricing method is based on three basic approaches; level of education, subject area and time allocation. In comparison to the market average, we are fairly competitive.
From our chat personnel, to our writers, our team comprises motivated experience writers and young enthuasistic writers. We are almost certain that you will enjoy working with us.
Above everything else, our team believes in delivery of quality services. To sustain high customer demands, we included editing team tha checks all papers for plagiarism, content relevance and grammar before the papers are sent to you (Client).